Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

THE PASSENGER SEAT DILEMMA
Hey guys.. I scurried out a little time out my schedule to script this,Not that its yet a cause for national concern..
Africans are usually insecure, from gender distraught to friendship, from morals to values, from leadership to partnership, even the tiniest detail of their lives is a source of open concern. To a point even religious view is now becoming problematic. If it takes doses of hydro Quinone, an indian hair for a girl to gather self esteem, and growing of dreads,sagging of jean trousers to make a guy feel he is a musician, then there is trouble.

As we all know the passengers seat has become a revered position in a person's car, it is so anointed that It is personality exclusive,its either his closest pal in a set of friends or his girl friend, or unless he just picks up someone, somewhere when none of these persons are around. If you haven't seen friends fall out or relationship ended because of that "position extra odinaire" then you are yet to experience true drama. Some times it is so specially kept that everyone tends to forget about the other back positions in the same auto mobile. But the question is.. " what is the fuss about this seat" ?, why the mindless barrage into this specific car position? . Personally I prefer the back seat....... To the right door i mean.. Lol yes I'm bossy.
Ultimately Nobody can deny the effect of a car in a relationship,Only girls can tell you the feeling they get when they occupy that position, while the rest of her friends at the back envy the girl in question and her boyfriend when they chip in words between them . We might never truly know if Lola Omotayo would have said 'yes' to Peter of Psquare if he hadn't wrapped a range rover vogue for the proposal (None of my business tho). But Girls normally feel the preference of this passenger seat like a gender right," To them its like the female jeans.. Though guys wear it, its still called a female jean". Even the fittings give them up.
A personal experience of mine weeks back, a certain close pal of mine, a very close one in fact, went to a party with me, after all the night gobe' , we hobbled of with some girls to bunk at a second friends place ( another paddy), Lol since it was his car, he walked in through the drivers door, when it happened... His dance partner "cum sleep partner for the night speedily overtook me and headed straight to.................. That seat"!.. Ok I wont tell you what ensued after that... but we didn't fight nor quarrel. LOL
A second scenario I cant forget was one time I was exchanging pleasantries with a girl I knew via her boyfriend who owns a car, she was with a friend of hers whom I was trying to talk to, before her boyfriend was spotted from a distance driving towards us, You won't believe they both forgot I knew the guy too and ran towards his car leaving me short- speeched, to argue who is going to position at "that seat".. Lol I had to pretend I didn't see the guy, I also had to pretend I was through with our conversation.. That was a lot of pretence,but I did good people.
What causes a blood rush for this position?
Why the insecurity?
It all comes down to the psyche, To what the society thinks, accepts , appreciates. So many people live life as a competition. They normally use the phrase " I am the sperm that made it" Lol, but really is it?
I for one take things as they come,I mean.. Living one day at a time. Yes the front seats prods out an air bag incase of an accident, but I never envision that when I take a hike in someone's car. The sole purpose of transit is to make it to my destination in quicker time, and little funds expended.

VIEWS: A typical scenario was Drawn
SCENE: You were with your boyfriend at an eatery and you both were walking out the door when he sees his pal, after exchanging pleasantries with him, his pal was heading your direction... Where will you seat?

REACTIONS: The few girls I asked didn't want to let the cat out of the bag about how priceless their honest reaction could be, but a few told the truth and I promised them anonymity. Lol
One said " If it was a date, i would convince my boyfriend not to let him ride with us" Lool This is harsh !!
"I would say hi to him, take my boyfriends key and walk to the car, straight to the front seat" Loool This got my ribs too.

To some females this seat gives them relevance and its true. Generally girls don't like being the outcast in a conversation, in fact they love leading a conversation on. And from general analysis they always want to pass the "I got this" message to the other girls.
And guys?
Lets leave that gist for Another day... Lol
But the justle for just one out of 4 available sitting positions in an auto mobile is a needless couldrum, its just a much ado about nothing. Even the warrying trend of the guy in the 'seat extra odinaire' looking less friendly than the owner himself is another thing.
Until next time people, anticipate "The Diary of a Necrophiliac" [Cut Version].... Not for the faint heart .. Promises to blow you away, swashbuckling style
                                    Written by Tony Drulz @Drulz_ (twitter/instagram)
Contact:
Umembaizu@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha very true especially of girls. that passenger seat is like a throphy. so some a birth right.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib